Don't let fear Hold You Back

Everyone experiences fear in their life. Some may have a fear of failure or even a fear of death, or some may fear not having enough to get by, but the truth is they do exist. I know this is a big topic to cover, but I believe we have to understand what our fears are before we can truly learn to conqueror them.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:7

Satan’s scheme

Fear is a tool Satan uses against us to keep our focus off God and ultimately destroy our lives. He studies our thought patterns and stirs up emotions within us that can control us. Sometimes, so strong, we make wrong decisions and wrong choices.

 I have made many foolish decisions in my life as a way to camouflage my fears, only to create more problems for myself. I put more focus on my setbacks, rather than believe God’s word and what he says about me, but only God’s in control.

 We must make a clear decision to stop listening to Satan’s lies. Believe what God says about you and walk it out in faith.

 God wants us to walk by faith and not fear, by doing so not only will we glorify God, we can live a fulfilling, and joyful life in Christ.

I am learning to mediate more on his word that the more I rely on him. I can never say God has failed me, but I will always remember the many times he has delivered me.

For so long I lived in frustration because I found myself not living up to what God wants from me, but instead allow my fears to rule me. I have made a clear decision, whatever the situation; I will not allow fear to take over. I will move ahead and follow God’s plan for my life, trusting him all the way. I believe I can accomplish what I set out to do and even if I fail along the way, I can pick myself up and try again.

Be All you Can Be

Roman 8: 37 “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Sounds like a reason to live fearless, don’t you think? No more listening to Satan’s lie, no more negative thinking. We have the hope of glory living inside of us. When Jesus came into your life, he brought everything with him, his strength, his courage, his hope, his peace, his joy, etc.


The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?


Comments