Grace is the Catalyst for Christian Living

People often divide grace and law into two opposing ideas, and then give little thought as to how the two can come together. But they’re not polar opposites! They can exist and exist together, because only by the grace of God and His law is the splendor of His character and His care revealed to us. The law is not about what you have to do to make God happy. God’s standards reflect his heart, the safe path he’s provided so that we can glorify and enjoy him. His grace is what enables us to understand and carry out that purpose in our lives. We live for him because he first loved us and loves us enough to provide grace even when we fail. Grace, then, is not only freedom from the guilt of our sin; it’s actually the catalyst to living the Christian life! 

 

You are my portion, O LordI have said that I would keep Your words.
I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word. I thought about my ways And turned my feet to Your testimonies. I made haste and did not delay To keep Your commandments.
 (Psalm 119:58-60) 

Prayer: Father God, we thank you for your amazing Grace. We ask that through this grace you will grant us a heart our gratitude as we seek more of you.

In Jesus' name. Amen!








Comments