What does it mean to be perfect and blameless towards God?

God looks for the hearts who are perfect and blameless towards him.
Earlier in my life, I used to think I had to be a perfect person in order to satisfy God, but I admit, I misunderstood the meaning behind this. When we read the scripture that says God’s eyes roam to and from looking for someone in whom he might show himself strong I always thought, I got to do better. Then I finally grasped the true meaning and definition of what it means to be perfect. What does it mean to be blameless and perfect in your heart? It entails a sincere, heartfelt desire to do what’s right and pleasing to God.

When we have a perfect heart toward God it demonstrates that we are sincerely love him, despite our imperfections. We would still have to deal with fleshly issues like saying inappropriate things, making mistakes, and even losing our cool, but thank God we have the ability to repent and make things right with God by his grace. We can also humble ourselves and apologize if we offend someone.

If we have a perfect heart towards God we can count on him to work with us while that perfection is manifested more and more in our lives. I know I am not a perfect person, but I do believe I have a perfect heart towards him and seek more after him and his ways. I also believe there are things within my heart that needs to be exposed and rooted out as I desire more of him. I also believe God holds us responsible for only those things we are aware of so I don’t have to have a perfect performance. Of course, there are still things in my life I wish I do not do but I love God with all my heart. 

There are many people with right hearts and those are the ones God wants to use for his glory. Keep working on the things you need to work on in your life and while you are at it, keep a perfect heart towards God. 



Isaiah 38:3
Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.”

Comments