Replacing Fear With Faith

Fear is one of the primary tools the enemy employs to harm us. Fear, anxiety, and worry can paralyze us with a heavy shadow of despair, dictating our every action and choice.

With all the things happening around us today, wars, conflicts, persecution, violence, crime, natural disasters, economic uncertainty, unemployment, disease, and even death, no wonder it brings worries.

Yet, reality tells us that all the time we spend on worrying nothing ever seems to change. Many are living under the weight of the "what if's"

I believe that in order to understand fear and to overcome fears, we must first identify what they are.

Fear is a tool Satan uses against us to keep our focus off God and ultimately destroy our lives. He studies our thought patterns and stirs up emotions within us that can control us. Sometimes, it is so strong that we can even make wrong choices.

For years, I’ve struggled with fear but through time, as I’ve grown spiritually I realized that focusing more on the love of God and his promises, I can overcome those fears. Of course, this is a gradual thing and being human, I’m still not yet there.

The devil does not want to see us glorifying God, so if he can get us to live in fear, we won’t be able to glorify God with our life.

God knows our frailty but he wants us to trust in him in all things and in all circumstances, for he knows the outcome of our lives. We must realize and accept that only God is in control
When we give in to fear, we are only being defeated by deception, since Satan has no power over the believers.

We must firmly resist the lies of Satan and trust what God says about us. God wants us to walk in trust, not in fear, for it is by doing so, we not only honor God but it brings peace, joy and fruitfulness to our lives. We have hope and a future.

Even though we may still experience fear at times, we can have faith that God is with us.
While we may not be in charge, we can put our trust in the One who is. Although we might not be able to predict the future, we know the God who does.



2 Tim. 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Phil 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

 

Comments